CENTRAL CAMBRIA CURRICULUM PLAN
We strive every day to offer a curriculum that includes:
- Strict alignment to Pennsylvania Core Standards through Unit Plans Developed by Teachers.
- Continuous learning through effective collaboration among the schools of this District.
- Continuous access for all students to sufficient programs and services of library/media facility and classroom collection to support the educational programs.
- Guidance and counseling services for all students to assist in career and academic planning.
- A continuum of educational programs and services for all students with disabilities.
- Language Instruction Educational Program for English Learner students, regulation, and Board policy.
- Equal educational opportunity for all students.
- Career awareness and vocational education.
- Educational opportunities for identified gifted students.
- Regular and continuous instruction in required safety procedures.
MIDDLE SCHOOL CURRICULUM MATERIALS:
English Language Arts:
Writing and Grammar: Communication in Action – Silver Edition
Carroll, Wilson, Forlini, Pearson Prentice Hall, 2004
Flight 93: The Story, the Aftermath, and the Legacy of American Courage on 9/11
McMillan, Tom; Lyons Press, Sept. 12, 2014
The Johnstown Flood
David McCullough, Simon and Schuster Paperbacks, 1968
Literature and the Language Arts – Oak Level, Responding to Literature
Various Authors: EMC/Paradigm Publishing, 1997
On the Beach
Shute, Neville; Ballantine Books, Jan. 1974
Literature and the Language
EMC Paradigm Publishing, Copyright 1997
Writing and Grammar
Prentice Hall, Copyright 2004
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
Anne Frank Ten Days by David Colbert
A Christmas Carol (drama adapted by Isaac Horowitz)
The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford
Search for the Shadowman by Joan Lowery Nixon
My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighorn George
Freak the Mighty
Blue Sky Press, 1993
Max the Mighty
Blue Sky Press, 1998
The Skin I’m In
Jump at the Sun, 2007
Brown Girl Dreaming
Puffin Books, 2016
The Watsons Go to Birmingham
First Scholastic Printing, January, 1998
Guy de Maupassant, 1884
The Gift of the Magi
Spelling Lessons and Activities (Elements of Language First Course)
Holt Rinehart and Winston, 2009
Online copy of Holt McDougal Algebra I
Online copy of Holt McDougal Math 8
Mathematics Grade 7
Bennett, Burger, Chard, Hall, Kennedy, Renfro, Roby, Scheer & Waits
Holt McDougal, Copyright 2012
Holt McDougal Mathematics Grade 6, Common Core Edition (Not PA Core)
Online Holt access for teachers
McGraw-Hill Integrated Science
Glencoe, Copyright 2012
McGraw-Hill, Copyright 2012
Prentice Hall, Copyright 2002
McGraw Hill, Inc., 2012 (Textbooks and individual on-line student accounts)
Scott Foresman Science
Addison Wesley Publishers, Inc., 2000
Physical Science Supplemental Folders on Magnetism, Simple Machines, Energy, Light, Color,
McGraw Hill Timed Readings in Science, 2003 (Jamestown Education)
Scholastic’s Science World Magazine Monthly Editions
Scott Foresman Discover Science
Many articles from the web as appropriate. Recently Newsela. Also utilize the science exploration online that enhances the physical science materials and also reinforces the field trip materials – The Science of Baseball
Daniel D. Arreola, Marci Smith Deal, James F. Petersen
Holt McDougal, Copyright 2012
Flight 93 (see English Language Arts above)
Johnstown Flood (see English Language Arts above)
McDougal Littell, 2005
Discovering Our Past – A History of the United States (Early Years)
Discovery Education Techbook, 2015
If you have questions regarding the Middle School curriculum, please contact Mr. Christopher Santini, Middle School Principal, at 814-472-6505 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Tricia Murin, Curriculum Director, at 814-472-8870, ext. 309 or tmurin@cencam..org.